Friday, September 16, 2011

kristina's corner

About a half-an-hour in to washing the blinds from the studio, wet and cursing the fact that I had ever undertaken this endeavor, because who's even going to notice, another idea dawned on me. Stewardship.


Suddenly, I felt like a caretaker lovingly tending to the details of something I care about. Because taking care of the things we find important, is important. 


Perhaps the blinds themselves are not all-important, but they make part of a whole.  A detail of the tableau, working with the rest of the elements to create a scene. And the room's comfort and appeal are important to me because they inform your experience.


And performing the little "chores" to keep it pleasant and relaxing are easy ways for me to impart the energy of care into our space. It's why we have Spring Cleaning.


Now, I almost feel ready to tackle the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment