Monday, February 28, 2011

kristina's corner

Over the years I have taken many personality indices and assessments.  The Myers-Briggs, the Communications Style, a couple of different "color" surveys, I've even explored my archetypes.  Lately it seems that I do not know myself very well.  The last couple I've taken, I have found much difficulty in objectively analyzing myself.


The last one I took, which asked me to circle all the words that described how I acted at work, came out very even on all styles.  The facilitator said that people who came out that even were "gaming the system."  But it got me thinking.


What makes our personality anyway?


I guess people have mused and philosophized about this for millennia, but in turning it on myself I find I wonder.  How much is inner wiring, how much is forced behavior from family and society, how much is image fulfillment, and how much is given in grace?  


The more I think about it, the freer I feel to not be tied down to "who I am."  Because maybe that person has more to it than has been previously allowed to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment